There were days when I was single when I swore that Mr. Right made a left turn. There were days when I questioned if I lost the ability to fall in LIKE, let alone love. I wanted to FEEL something! Was I broken? Why did I feel like the guys who were good on “paper” were so damn boring in real life???
Dating in Los Angeles made me feel defeated. Was I crazy? Was I too picky? Did I work too long of days to meet him? Damn, where was he and was he looking for me?
As I look back on those days, I see that the heartaches, disappointments, and doubts were preparing me for the love of my life… only if I choose to use the feedback I was receiving to propel me to BE something different!
Single ladies, this time in your life is precious and worthwhile. Use this check list to support you in preparation for the relationship you desire:
- What’s your credit score? No, really… what is it?
- Are you able to and willing to be wrong? Are you able to listen to another opinion besides your own?
- Do you trust your own ability to wisely choose a partner?
- Are you kind to yourself? How can you expect that special someone to be nicer to you than you are!
- Are you able to fully articulate your responsibility in the demise of your previous relationship with the same clarity that you can pinpoint the faults of your ex partner?
- Are you still cyber (or emotionally) stalking your ex?
- When was the last time you had a “date” with yourself? Bought your favorite flowers for YOU.
- Are you able to articulate your needs with clarity, compassion and without projecting blame?
- Are you clear about the baggage you are carrying?
I feel you, my single sistas! Hold on. Be strong and do the work. Be certain that everything is working for your highest good even when it doesn’t appear that way.
What are you doing to prepare for your next chapter? Let’s talk about it!